Is Posture Alignment Corrective Exercise Right For You?
The premise of natural pain relief without medication, manipulation or surgery usually sounds too good to be true to folks who are trying to decide if posture alignment therapy is right for them. We understand and want you to know that's okay.
I get asked that question almost every single day. It usually goes something like this:
" Hi Deb -I'm interested in learning more about posture alignment therapy for my (insert pain/posture issue here). How do I know if Postural Therapy will work for me?"
Sound like you?
You body is talking! The chronic pain you're experiencing is telling you that your body is out of balance and what you're currently doing to care for it ISN'T WORKING.
If you've been doing the same pain relief dance over and over, and the sypmtpoms keep returning, STOP the insanity. Something needs to change.
The first step is to understand that your pain has more to do with your position (posture) than the symtpom (your pain). You're body must be restored back towards it's oridinal blue-print design and function if you are to successfully and permanently resolve the issue.
- eliminate pain
- improve posture
- increase strength, endurance and mobility
- restore function to the load joints
- enhance athletic performance
Can Postural Alignment Corrective Exercise fix what’s wrong with me and eliminate my pain?
Aside from traumatic injury or genetic abnormalities, Posture Alignment corrective exercise is very successful. It is desinged to help eliminate chronic musculoskeletal and joint pain WITHOUT the use of medication, manipulation or surgery.
At Pain Free Posture MN we are posture and pain experts, trained to TREAT THE BODY AS A UNIT.
We're here to:
- LISTEN to YOU (you know more about your body than anyone else)
- ASSESS your posture relative to it's blue-print design
- EVALUATE your function and gait to see what is dysfunctional and compensating
- EDUCATE you about the 8 Laws of Physical Health
- EMPOWER you to make positive changes to address the root cause of your pain
After connecting with you we'll create a menu of easy to do corrective exercises that are selected for your unique postural needs.
BUT (yes, there is a but) here's the challenge and the biggest difference of all.
I won't fix you. You will.
I'll help you decipher your Body Talk, and find the CORRECT stimulation and demand for your body so that it can heal. Postural Therapy is successful only when YOU take responsibility for helping your body heal. You do the work. I will help you establish SMART goals, and empower you to be successful.
When you feel empowered by finding:
- the right therapist
- the right information, and
- the right stimulation and movement
then Posture Alignment Therapy will enable YOU to achieve A Pain Free Life and Living.
So, in all honesty, without the opportunity to evaluate your posture in person or on line, it's difficult for me to say what specifically needs to be done to help you. BUT, the good news is, if given the opportunity, I can help.
To find out if you are a good candidate for Posture Alignment Therapy Download our FREE Posture Assessment Guide. It will provide you with easy to do, in your home posture assessment tests so you can see how your position (posture) is connected to your symptom (pain).
I'm happy to help you anyway I can and meet you exactly where you are at.
Some students come in skeptical, angry, or completely at their wits end because they've tried everything to no avail, and honestly are not sure this will work. All of that is normal, and I'm used to helping students through that.
3 Steps to Find Out if Posture Alignment Corrective Exercise is Right For You
If you're considering making an appointment but need some more convincing, here are some other valuable steps to take.
- Visit my website. We have excellent education, information and resources posted there on how posture alignment therapy can successfully resolve your chronic musculoskeletal pain and improve posture.
- Subscribe to my BLOG. I write and post regularly on all topics related to helping folks achieve a pain free life and living without medication, manipulation or surgery! Join our tribe!
- Read! Get a copy of one or all of Pete Egoscue's books Pain Free or The Egoscue Method of Health Through Motion. If the books make sense to you and make you leap for joy, then you know postural therapy is RIGHT for you!
From that point forward, with information in hand and renewed sense of hope, all you need to do is pick up the phone and schedule your initial appointment. It's that easy. I am here to serve!
Feel free to post your own pain questions, or contact me directly.
If you enjoyed this article PLEASE comment and SHARE!
Deb Preachuk is a Pain Relief, Posture Restoration and Athletic Performance Enhancement pro.
Founder of Pain Free Posture MN and a fitness, health and wellness coach, Deb helps real people transform real-world chronic pain challenges. Deb infuses her teaching with an honest, open and down-to-earth mix of Eastern and Western training techniques to make the concepts of pain relief and body/mind transformation accessible and achievable!